In May of 2012, I had been working for Golden Software for 5 months and was starting to get the hang of my duties, when I was offered a new challenge; I was asked to spearhead efforts to get a monthly webinar started. As such a customer-centric company, this new endeavor made sense in many ways. Not only did it offer an additional way to get customers the support they needed, but it provided a new, interactive means of getting information to our customers and getting immediate feedback. I had never even attended a webinar, but I was ready to take on the challenge.
After a good deal of research, we were off and running. The more webinars we hosted, the more we learned about what topics our users responded to, when they wanted to view the webinars, and various other factors that went into the process, and the more I personally learned the ins-and-outs of the webinar process. As host, I schedule the webinars, send out webinar emails, start and end the webinar as well as field questions during the webinar, edit and post the webinar recording, and interact with users the whole way through. It's a rewarding experience.
Now, after more than 3 years and 35 unique webinar topics, we've got a pretty well-oiled machine. And, as you can see from the plot below, you, our users, responded! Across-the-board for all six of our products, we've had higher and higher registration rates. I'm excited to see what 2016 has to hold!
This Grapher bar chart displays registration numbers from each of our previous webinars from the beginning of our webinar program through last month. Each bar is a unique webinar, and is color-coded by the product that the webinar was presented on. A linear fit curve was applied to each product's registration numbers to show a general positive trend across all six products.
Here's what some of our attendees have had to say about the webinars:
- "Concise, to the point. Provides new ideas and enriches my appreciation of the software." - Jacques Thibault, Consulting Geologist, Bathurst (NB) Canada
- "It opened up new functions that I had not yet tried, but now will be using." and "[I liked] The clarity of the demonstrations. These webinars are a very good way for owners and current users to refresh their knowledge, as well as learn new applications." - Steven Schamel, PhD, P.G., GeoX Consulting Inc.
- "Liked that it was short and concise. Introduced new topics, gave me ideas and now I can go explore in depth when I have time." - Marta Cairns, Weston Solutions, Inc.
- "Presenter's knowledge of the product is outstanding and she was able to understand the questions asked and answered questions with simple explanations." - Eric Tappa, Dept. of Earth & Ocean Sciences, Univ. of South Carolina
- "As a beginning user the topics were simple enough for me to follow." - Ken Borgen
We've hosted many webinars to-date and we've recorded every one. Click the webinar titles below to watch our previous webinars:
Be sure to register for our upcoming webinars by clicking on the webinar title below:
|Nov-2015||Voxler||New Features of Voxler 4|
|Dec-2015||Surfer||Exporting KML/KMZ files from Surfer for use in Google Earth|
|Jan-2016||Voxler||Visualizing 3D Well Data in Voxler 4|
|Feb-2016||Surfer||Breaklines, Faults, and Blanking: How and when to apply these functions to your grid|