You can now build cross sections in Strater 3 from your well data files. To create a cross section in Strater 3 you will first need to load a Collars Table or a data file containing Hole ID, Starting Depth, Ending Depth, Elevation, Easting, and Northing information. To download an example collars table click here.
Importing a Collars Table
- In a new instance of Strater 3 select File | Load Data and in the Open dialog select and open Collars.xls.
- Click Next in the Specify Worksheet Column Definitions dialog and then click Load in the Specify Data Type and Column Positions to load your collars table.
The next step is to import your well's lithology or interval data. To download example lithology data click here.
- From the toolbar click File | Load and in the Open dialog select and open Lithology.xls.
- Click Next in the Specify Worksheet Column Definitions dialog and then click Load in the Specify Data Type and Column Positions to load your lithology table.Now that your well data is loaded we need to create a Map View to display the X,Y location of your wells so they can be selected using the Well Selector to build a cross section.
- From the toolbar click File | New | Map View to open a new map view window.
- Now, click Map | Create Well Map to display the X,Y location of your wells.
- In the Object Manager click Wells1, and then click Map | Add Well Selector. Your cursor will now appear as a black arrow head. Now click on the left most well to select it, and then work to the right. Press ENTER on your keyboard to finish the well selection line, and ESC to exit the selector mode.
Now that your wells have been selected you are ready to create your cross section.