We are extremely excited to announce the upcoming release of Surfer, the next version of our 2D and 3D mapping, modeling, and analysis program, but we need your help! We are searching for everyday candid users to test drive Surfer’s new features. This is a great opportunity to get a sneak peek into Surfer’s new features and functionality, to provide feedback on usability and have your voice heard, and to help to make these features exceptional.
If you are interested in participating in the beta testing process, please complete this brief survey:
Beta testing will take place between November 28, 2016 and January 20, 2017. All communication will take place via a closed forum. More information to come as the time draws closer.
Below are some of the many new features in Surfer designed to streamline your workflows:
- Edit contours and grids
- Map Wizard
- Top level legends
- New and improved user interface
- Streamlined all the grid operations to set the input grid to an existing layer, or create a new map directly from the resulting output grid
- Reproject a grid from one coordinate system to another
- Export and Print the current view
- Georeference an image using any three (or more) points
- Ability to connect to WCS and WFS servers to directly download DEM and vector data
- Headers and footers for the plot view
- And many more!
This is one of the most exciting releases for Surfer. Our programming team truly outdid themselves. We look forward to your feedback during the beta testing period!
If you have any questions about Surfer or the beta testing program, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.