The most recent version of MapViewer is 8.7.752.
Minor updates (e.g. version 8.1 to 8.7) are available for free by clicking the File | Online | Check for Update command within MapViewer. Version information can be found on the Version History page. For troubleshooting assistance, email email@example.com
- Windows XP SP3 or higher, Vista SP3 or higher, 7, 8 (excluding RT), 10 or higher
- 32-bit and 64-bit operation system support
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution with minimum 16-bit color depth
- At least 500 MB free hard disk space
- At least 512 MB RAM
Our licenses are single user licenses. We do not offer concurrent licenses at this time. MapViewer may be installed on a network provided separate licenses are purchased for each individual who will access the network install.
Review the Golden Software End User License Agreement for additional details.
Yes, we offer a $50/year student license. To get your license, please do the following:
- Email us from your university-issued email account.
- Include documentation that proves your current enrollment. Must include your name and date range.
We’ll send you a coupon code to purchase MapViewer for $50.
MapViewer is a Windows program and is not compatible with Mac, Linux, or Unix operating systems. However, customers have run MapViewer on a Windows emulator. Windows emulators allow a Windows environment to run on a Mac, Linux, or Unix operating system. Please know we do not test our software under these conditions. We recommend downloading the trial and testing the functionality yourself.
MapViewer comes as both a 32-bit and as a 64-bit application. Upon the installation of MapViewer, you will select which version to install. The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer’s processor (CPU) handles information. The 64-bit version of MapViewer handles larger amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system. Not all devices can run the 64-bit versions of MapViewer.
To determine if your Windows operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit, open File Explorer or This PC.
- Right click on This PC or Computer in the navigation pane and select Properties.
- In the System information screen, find the System type entity. This will indicate if your device has a 32-bit or a 64-bit processor.
Your serial number can be located in a few different places.
- Golden Software user account: Log in to MyAccount, click the My Products button, and your registered serial numbers are displayed
- Email containing download instructions: If you received your software via download, the serial number was included in the emailed download instructions.
- Within MapViewer: Click Help | About MapViewer or File | About MapViewer and the serial number will be located in the lower right corner of the About dialog.
Yes, one (1) copy of the software and one (1) copy of the user documentation may be made for backup purposes only.
If you upgraded the older version of MapViewer, then you must uninstall that version within 60 days of the upgrade purchase.
If you have a valid serial number for multiple versions of MapViewer, meaning none of the serial numbers have been upgraded, they can be installed at the same time in different directories.
Software downloads are available through our MyAccount portal. Log in and click the My Products button. Click the icon to the left of the product you wish to reinstall. Make note of the serial number as well.
If you have access to the original MapViewer installation CD or a backup copy, simply reinstall MapViewer from the CD.
If you do not have access to MapViewer’s download instructions or the installation CD, locate your MapViewer serial number or original order number, contact us, and we would be glad to help!
All users have 24x7 access to all online resources.
If you have a question about Strater, Voxler, MapViewer, or Didger, you are entitled to our Legacy Support, which includes live support via phone and chat along with standard email support.
Please visit Support Central for answers to more technical questions.