Golden Software is a team of enthusiastic, curious, and hard working men and women. Our corporate office is located downtown Golden, Colorado.
When considering a potential team member, we look for quality individuals who demonstrate curiosity, a passion for learning and an eagerness to succeed.
See our open positions below. If you don't see a role that fits your skills, but think you are a good fit for us, email us at email@example.com with your resume and an explanation of why you are interested in the position.
Lead Surfer Developer
What are we looking for?
Golden Software is seeking a full-time lead software developer to join our development team and take the lead on Surfer's architecture development. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and enthusiastic programmer who is excited about driving development forward for high quality customer focused software. They can be a subject matter expert for the code, efficiently collaborate on teams and work independently to drive development forward. The ideal candidate is excited to solve technical challenges that balance new coding standards alongside Surfer's rich historical code base. This individual is self-motivated and driven to help our customers and company succeed through innovative software development.
This individual can work remotely from anywhere in the United States with the following states preferred: CO, CA, WA, NV, MD, MN, WI. Annual travel for our in person all hands meeting can be expected.
What we offer:
Challenging, rewarding work – Your primary responsibility would be writing features for our Surfer product which is a globally known product with thousands of users.
An excellent work environment – We are a friendly group of dedicated individuals who have a strong desire to help customers and make Golden Software a great place to work.
Stability – Golden Software has been in business for almost 40 years.
Who we are:
We build success for customers by enabling them to communicate complex information. The scientific visualization software we develop, sell, and support is used by individuals in environmental consulting, oil and gas exploration and extraction, engineering, applied science, business, education, and government across the globe.
The customer is at the heart of all of our conversations, and this is the reason we have the best reputation in the industry for superior customer support. We focus on continual improvement of self and company and believe the only mistakes in life are those where nothing is learned. We are a life-friendly company with a relaxed and flexible work environment and an open-minded group of individuals. We take pride in what we do, approach all that we do with intention, and we don't take ourselves too seriously.
What you’ll do:
You will oversee Surfer's internal design and adapt to new technologies while maintaining best coding practices alongside a rich historical code base. You will write code in C++ for Surfer and be responsible for communicating with multiple teams over feature design and development direction.
-Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the evolving Surfer code base
- Write high quality features for Surfer
- Drive changes to adapt to new technology
- Communicate with product managers over development
- Uphold coding standards: write clean, well documented and maintainable code
- Good testing practices
- Peer code reviews
- Fix bugs and analyze issues
- Provide estimates for coding tasks
- Keep up with best practices and latest technologies for Windows and C++
- As with any thriving company, you will have growth opportunities to fit your skills and interest.
-What we expect from our developers:
- Work independently
- Communicate well in a remote setting (our developers work from their home offices across the country)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about programming
- Support other developers
-What we expect from our lead developers:
- Have strong communication between technical and non-technical personnel
- Be knowledgeable about best practices in software architecture
- Design and direct development plans
- Keep the bigger picture at the forefront
- Be a role model for other developers
Skills and requirements:
- 10+ years experience coding in C++ (including experience with C++17 and beyond)
- Expertise with large software development projects
- Expertise with multiple integrated components
- Expertise with planning software architecture
- Experience with coding on Windows OS
- GIS / geospatial experience
- Experience with tools such as Git, Jira, Visual Studio
- Experience with various platforms such as MFC, .NET, Qt, and WPF
- Experience with Boost libraries
Send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what attracted you to this position.