Golden Software is a team of enthusiastic, curious, and hard working men and women. Our corporate office is located downtown Golden, Colorado.
When considering a potential team member, we look for quality individuals who demonstrate curiosity, a passion for learning and an eagerness to succeed.
See our open positions below. If you don't see a role that fits your skills, but think you are a good fit for us, email us at email@example.com with your resume and an explanation of why you are interested in the position.
What are we looking for:
Golden Software is seeking a full-time product manager to join our product management team. This person will primarily be responsible for the long term planning of our products. They will make data-driven decisions on segmentation, monetization, timing, and targeting. They will work closely with other product managers, and will coordinate with sales, marketing and management.
This individual can work remotely from anywhere in the United States. Occasional travel to our office in downtown Golden, CO can be expected.
What we offer:
- A customer-centric company comprised of a champion team that values being open minded, intentional and life-friendly.
- A friendly group of dedicated individuals who have a strong desire to create awesome products and make Golden Software a great place to work.
- Challenging and rewarding work.
- An environment that encourages employees to use their experience and knowledge to improve the company.
- Stability – Golden Software is a private and profitable company that has been in business for more than 35 years.
Who we are:
We build success for customers by enabling them to communicate complex information. The scientific visualization software we develop, sell, and support is used by individuals in environmental consulting, oil and gas exploration and extraction, engineering, applied science, business, education, and government across the globe.
The customer is at the heart of all of our conversations, and this is the reason we have the best reputation in the industry for superior customer support. We focus on continual improvement of self and company and believe the only mistakes in life are those where nothing is learned. We are a life-friendly company with a relaxed and flexible work environment and an open-minded group of individuals. We take pride in what we do, approach all that we do with intention, and we don't take ourselves too seriously.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for long-term planning for Golden Software products.
- Learn and understand the primary value of Golden Software's products.
- Own the process of 'designing the product to the price' by using customer segmentation data and monetization strategies.
- Create and validate against customer research, three and ten year plans for our Surfer and Grapher products.
- Propose product plans that support increasing our user base in both existing and new markets.
- Think strategically and own the product vision.
Skills and requirements:
- Experience with the planning and management of software products.
- Experience with product monetization.
- Experience gathering and analyzing customer data.
- Comfortable selling your vision to other stakeholders, including company leadership, and aligning that vision to the company's goals.
- A track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects.
- Solid communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas, plans, and business cases.
- Ability to gather information from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
Optional, but great to have:
- Experience in a geotechnical position or within a geotechnical industry.
- Experience using engineering software.
- Experience working in a small company environment.
- Technical MS or BS/BA degree.
Send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what attracted you to this position.