Golden Software is a team of enthusiastic, curious, and hard working men and women. Our corporate office is located downtown Golden, Colorado.
When considering a potential team member, we look for quality individuals who demonstrate curiosity, a passion for learning and an eagerness to succeed.
See our open positions below. If you don't see a role that fits your skills, but think you are a good fit for us, email us at email@example.com with your resume and an explanation of why you are interested in the position.
Senior Product Manager, Planning & Monetization
Who we are looking for:
Golden Software is seeking a full-time senior product manager to join our product management team. This person will focus on growing our products in a way that adds value for the customer. They will make data-driven decisions based on segmentation, monetization, timing, and targeting. They will work closely with product owners, and will coordinate with sales, marketing and management.
This individual can work remotely from anywhere in the United States with the following states preferred: CO, CA, WA, NV, MD, WI. Occasional travel to our office in downtown Golden, CO can be expected.
Who we are:
We build success for customers by enabling them to communicate complex information. The scientific visualization software we develop, sell, and support is used by individuals in environmental consulting, oil and gas exploration and extraction, engineering, applied science, business, education, and government across the globe.
The customer is at the heart of all of our conversations, and this is the reason we have the best reputation in the industry for superior customer support. We focus on continual improvement of self and company and believe the only mistakes in life are those where nothing is learned. We are a life-friendly company with a relaxed and flexible work environment and an open-minded group of individuals. We take pride in what we do, approach all that we do with intention.
What we offer:
- An awesome company where you can make a significant impact.
- A friendly group of dedicated individuals who have a strong desire to create awesome products and make Golden Software a great place to work.
- An environment that encourages team members to use their experience and knowledge to improve the products and the company.
- A mostly remote company that is life-friendly and flexible.
- The stability of a private and profitable company that has been in business for more than 35 years.
What you'll do:
- Define and own the strategic vision and roadmap for our products.
- Own the process of 'designing the product to the price' by using customer segmentation data and monetization strategies.
- Create and validate against customer research, three-year plans and long term roadmaps for our Surfer and Grapher products.
- Create product plans that support increasing our user base in both existing and new markets.
- Collaborate with product owners, customer support, marketing and sales to identify opportunities for growth.
- Conduct pricing & packaging analysis.
- Focus on outcomes over outputs.
- Ensure that the entire company understands the vision and direction for the products.
- You will solve this problem: we have very effective product owners who do short term planning and implement those plans. They are busy in their roles. We need someone to focus on longer term planning and use monetization methods to determine the value of new features.
- You will solve this problem: we have great products and an awesome customer base. We want to grow the customer base. You will be a key leader in making our products even better so we can expand into existing and new markets.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience determining the value of features and products
- Experience implementing product monetization strategies
- Experience gathering and analyzing customer data.
- Experience as a product manager of software products.
- Comfortable selling your vision to other stakeholders, including company leadership, and aligning that vision to the company's goals.
- A track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects
- Solid communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas, plans, and business cases.
- Ability to gather information from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Scientific or engineering background.
Optional, but great to have:
- Experience in a geotechnical position or within a geotechnical industry.
- Experience using engineering software.
- Technical MS or BS/BA degree.
Send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what attracted you to this position.