Cheat Sheet to Free Base Map and Elevation Data
Finding base maps and elevation data can be elusive and time-consuming task. If you create maps and models, you have probably struggled with this from time-to-time. Acquiring data and grid files for use in your projects can be difficult - there are so many websites and servers to choose from! Where should you even begin?
In this webinar you will be guided through various approaches to quickly locate base map files, download imagery, and acquire terrain data from different online resources such as the USGS National Map Viewer, WFS servers, OSM servers, and WMS servers.
The topics covered will include:
- Great sites to download free vector, point cloud, and imagery data
- How to download data from external websites and servers
- How to load downloaded data into Surfer
This webinar is great for:
- Environmental Scientists
- GIS Enthusiasts
- Anyone new to Surfer
Space is limited, so sign up for the session that works best for you today!
Ultimate Guide to Understanding Coordinate Systems
Geographic coordinates systems and projections are used to define the location of all spatial datasets. Understanding how to work with the systems is an integral part of every mapping project. When you attend this free webinar, you will master the fundamental concepts of geographical coordinate systems, projections, and datums and how they are used to accurately project your data to the correct location.
Join Jake, as he teaches you how to successfully manage the projections and coordinate systems for all map layers using Surfer. The presentation will help you resolve projection and coordinate system challenges, included selecting the appropriate map projection, combining layers that are using different coordinate systems, and reprojecting maps. At the conclusion of the webinar, you will be an expert at working with all aspects of coordinate systems and projections in Surfer.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Common terminology associated with projections and coordinate systems
- Why you should use projected coordinate systems in Surfer
- How to select the appropriate system for your project
- Examples of combining layers that use different coordinate systems
- How to reprojecting and maps in Surfer
- How to export maps in the desired coordinate system to be imported in other Golden Software products and 3rd party apps
Who is this webinar for?
- Engineering Consultants
- GIS Technicians
Staff is on hand to answer questions throughout the webinar. Space is limited, so sign up today!
Creating New Ways to Visualize Streamflow Properties 18
Creating New Ways to Visualize Streamflow Properties
Optimizing Volume Calculations in Surfer
Scripter 101: Common workflows and Debugging
An Insider's Guide to Geologic Maps in Surfer
Create Meaningful Models with LiDAR in Surfer