The most recent version of Grapher is 21.2.338 released May 4, 2023.
Grapher Beta version 22.0.213 released May 4, 2023 is available to users with active maintenance.
We support only the current version of Grapher. Emergency fixes to previous versions are released at our discretion.
Grapher's top new features and improvements can be found here: What's New in Grapher?
- Windows 7, 8 (excluding RT), 10, 11 or higher
- 32-bit and 64-bit operation system support
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution with minimum 16-bit color depth
- At least 500 MB free hard disk space
- At least 512 MB RAM
We offer two license types: Subscription and Perpetual with Maintenance.
A subscription license is a term based license. You can choose to purchase for either a yearly or monthly subscription and you will have access to the latest version of Grapher for that entire term. At the end of your term your subscription license will automatically renew unless you turn off auto-renewal.
A perpetual license is a one-time purchase. Once you purchase a perpetual license it is your forever and it comes with one free year of software maintenance. While your software maintenance is active you can update to the latest version of Surfer and access priority technical support, at the end of your free year you will have to choose to renew maintenance to continue receiving these benefits. You can learn more about software maintenance here: What is software maintenance and why should I renew?
A single-user license grants one user the right to use the software license. For each single user license you purchase, you will receive a unique product key. This license may not be used by multiple people.
A concurrent-use license, also called a “network” or “floating” license, is tied to a network. The License Manager or License Administrator software is installed on a license server on the company network. The product can be installed on as many client machines as desired. The product usage is controlled by the license server and is limited to the number of concurrent seats that were purchased.
For further information on licensing, review our Licensing topic in our Support Central page.
If the single user or concurrent-use licenses do not fit your business model, contact us and we would be glad to create a solution that will fit your needs.
Yes, please review all the details on our Educational License page.
Yes, we offer a $50/year student license. To get your license, please do the following:
- Email us from your university-issued email account.
- Include documentation that proves your current enrollment. Must include your name and date range.
We’ll send you a coupon code to purchase Grapher for $50.
Get the most out of your Grapher license with active maintenance. One year of maintenance is included when you purchase a new product license. After that, you can renew each year to receive these great benefits:
- Access to all new releases and software updates
- Priority notifications from Golden Software
- A first look at the new features before they're released in Grapher Beta.
- Live technical support - contact us via phone or chat during our regularly scheduled business hours
- Priority email support - your inquiry gets top priority
A Grapher subscription license comes with the following benefits during the entire term of the subscription:
- Access to the latest version of Grapher and Grapher Beta
- Free upgrades, updates, and fixes during the term of your subscription
- Access to Grapher on two personal devices
- Automatic renewal without the need for re-installation or re-activation
- Access to priority technical support
- Access to features before the official release with Grapher Beta
Yes, we can co-term your licenses so the software maintenance renewal date is the same for all products. We will work with you to conduct a license inventory and determine the best date for renewal so the process to renew future software maintenance is streamlined. Please contact us to start the co-terming process.
Yes, we can co-term your licenses so the software renewal date is the same for all products. We will work with you to conduct a license inventory and determine the best date for renewal so the process to renew in the future is streamlined. Please contact us to start the co-terming process.
To add a seat to an existing concurrent-use license, please contact us to process the order. We will need this information:
- Number of seats to add
- Product key of the existing concurrent-use license
If you purchase another concurrent-use license through our online shopping cart, you will be issued a new concurrent-use license instead of having a seat added to your existing license.
Grapher is a Windows program and is not compatible with Mac, Linux, or Unix operating systems. However, customers have run Grapher on a Windows emulator. Windows emulators allow a Windows environment to run on a Mac, Linux, or Unix operating system. Please know we do not test our software under these conditions. We recommend downloading the trial and testing the functionality yourself.
The full Golden Software End User License Agreement (EULA) is available for review at goldensoftware.com/terms-of-use. Contact us if you need further clarification.
Yes, we offer online webinars and have many online resources in Support Central, including training videos and blog posts.
For additional assistance, please contact our technical support staff.
Your product key can be located in a few different places.
- Golden Software user account: Log in to MyAccount, click the My Products button, and your registered product keys are displayed.
- Email containing download instructions: If you received your software via download, the product key was included in the emailed download instructions.
Yes, one (1) copy of the software and one (1) copy of the user documentation may be made for backup purposes only.
Software downloads are available through our MyAccount portal. Log in and click the My Products button. Click the desired product key or serial number in the list of products to expand the product information section and click Download Grapher Installer. If necessary, deactivate the license for the computer that crashed or is being replaced.
If you have access to the original Grapher installation CD or a backup copy, simply reinstall Grapher from the CD.
If you do not have access to Grapher’s download instructions or the installation CD, locate your Grapher serial number, product key, or original order number, contact us, and we would be glad to help!
Please visit Support Central for answers to more technical questions.